Although there are many japanese online stores you can browse, our favorites websites to buy audio equipment in Japan are:
- Bic Camera, a major consumer electronics retailer chain in Japan.
- E-Earphone, a shop specialized in headphones and earphones.
- Elecom, a Japanese electronics company based in Osaka.
- Rakuten Audio, the biggest Japanese e-commerce website has a section dedicated to audio products. Rakuten is often nicknamed "Amazon of Japan".
- Yodobashi Camera, another big stores chain selling electronic products in Japan.
Whether you're looking for speakers, headphones, microphones, mixers, or channel strips and preamps, you will find a wide range of high-quality Japanese audio equipment at these shops.
Japanese audio equipment brands
- Audio Technica, this Tokyo-based company produces professional quality microphones and headphones.
- Luxman, an Osaka company that manufactures luxury audio components, including turntables, amps and speakers.
- Denon produces audio equipment focusing on high-fidelity reproduction.
- Sony, a Japanese brand known internationally for popularizing the CD with products like the Walkman.
- Hitachi, a conglomerate based in Ibaraki that is involved in many sectors including the audio industry.
- Pioneer, a company that has played an important role in the development of automotive CD players.
- Onkyo, a company specializing in the production of high end audio and home cinema equipment.